Click to download - The Five E’s to Weight Release
The Five E’s to Weight Release
Healthy living and feeling good requires dedication to you. It takes time. Time devoted to finding ways that work for you. Everyone is different. I can tell you what works for me. It is up to you to find what works for you and then do it… day after day. Is it easy? Some days yes, some days, no. Does it help to have a coach or a partner? Yes, as long as they are on the same path as you. If you are not pushing each other, holding each other accountable, cheering each other on, it will not work. Releasing weight is all about making your healthy living plan non-negotiable every day. Will you screw up? Maybe. The key is not to beat yourself up and get back on the plan ASAP. Once back on your plan, evaluate what happened and what you can do differently next time. You don’t yell at a baby when she falls while learning how to walk. So you fell off the plan. So what! We are human. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and resume moving toward your goal.
I believe food is an addiction, especially carbohydrates. Studies are starting to show refined carbohydrates are as addicting as cocaine and morphine. I believe the only way to release an addiction is by doing something else, filling up on something else. It is changing your thinking, moving away from thinking about the addictive substance. If you think about your addiction you will resume your addiction. If you think about something else you will move in a different direction. As easy as that! Start to pay attention to your thoughts. When you catch yourself thinking about food, stop, take a deep breath, be in present moment and replace your thoughts with something else. Some of the thoughts I use to fill up are counting my blessings, saying thank you, meditating/praying and filling up with God’s love. Beating up on myself and thinking about how much I miss sugar and will never be able to have it again only make me feel bad. What do you do when you feel bad, you reach for your favorite feeling stuffer and over indulge again. Feeling stuffers include food, cigarettes, alcohol, shopping, sex, gambling, drugs – anything that stops you from feeling.
The Five E’s are a way to move towards Healthy Eating and Healthy Living. They are: Encourage Change, Enlighten Yourself, Enjoy Life, Exercise Daily and Eat Healthy.
Encourage Change – Why do you want to move away from this substance? Food is a great quick fix. You are stressed, you eat a lot and become numb.
- Is this how you want to live your life, or do you want more?
- How would your life be different if you released the weight?
- Baby Steps – Be kind to yourself
- One day at a time, one moment at a time – give yourself a break
- Releasing one way activities or relationships – a big part of making change in your life is finding the time to do so. Start to look at the activities and the relationships in your life. Ask yourself – does this hold meaning to me? Start to release those activities and relationships that hold no value for you so you have the time to make changes in your life. As you do, the activities and relationships in your life will become even more meaningful.
Insanity – Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Enlighten Yourself – Without peace you will eat
- Where can you find peace in your life – go there daily
- Meditate/Pray for 15 minutes every day
- Daily spiritual reading
- Say thank you for your blessings all day long
Enjoy Life – Move away from food as your primary act of pleasure to something you really enjoy
- Read Invite Joy Into Your Life ~ Mary B Seger NP PhD
- Make a list of 20 things you love to do
- Bring activities you loved as a child into your current life
- Creativity on a regular basis – knitting, painting, woodwork, scrapbook, quilt – what is your craft or what craft would you like to learn?
- Connections – who do you like to hang out with? Call them and set a time to get together.
- Calendar – Is your calendar too full to enjoy life? Start deleting! Is your calendar empty? What would you like to add? Volunteer, take a class, get together with family and friends, go on an adventure, a trip – find things to do to look forward to.
Exercise Daily – Have to do it!
- Begin with five minutes
- Dance to one song
- Find a partner
- Multi-task in your mind – sort out a problem, plan your day, plan a holiday, a trip, or celebration, pray – and then you are done. Keep a list of things to contemplate while you are exercising.
- Aerobic – daily; Weight lifting – 2 times per week; Stretching – daily.
Eat Healthy –Release your addiction to food and fill yourself with the wonderfulness of life!
- Protein Breakfast within one hour after getting up before coffee, caffeine
- Protein amount – weight divided by 2 = gram of protein per day, max 120 gm per day
- Lots of vegetables except peas, corn, potatoes
- One serving of carbohydrate per day, one serving of fruit per day. Measure!
- Supplements – Multi vitamin every per day; Fiber Plus one capsule per day; Orthobiotic© one capsule per day ~ available at www.HealthyVitality.biz
- See Adrenal Fatigue ~ Weight Release and The Five E’s Worksheet
This is your life! How do you want it to be?
Click to download - The Five E’s to Weight Release