(the legal stuff)
This website does not provide medical advice: The contents of this website such as text, graphics, images, information obtained from this website and other material contained on this website is for informational purposes only. The content has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You should seek medical attention before undertaking any diet, exercise or other health program described on this website. Neither Mary Seger, NP PhD nor the representations on this website recommend self-management of your healthcare. Reliance on any information provided by this website is solely at your own risk.
This site and the use of this site is intended to provide information regarding the speaking and writing of Mary Seger NP PhD and should be treated as such. This site and use of this site does not replace proper medical attention, advice and/or treatment. If you require medical attention, seek same from a qualified health care provider immediately.
Visitors to this website may contact Mary Seger NP PhD via email; however, the site and its owners do not guarantee response or response time. Further, any response received via email from Mary Seger NP PhD should not be considered medical care or advice and is not intended to replace proper medical attention and/or treatment.
Information obtained using this website is not exhaustive and does not cover all diseases, ailments, physical conditions or their treatments. The content provided by Mary Seger is compiled from numerous sources. Mary Seger and its directors, officers, employees, licensors, suppliers, agents and independent contractors, do not directly or indirectly practice medicine or provide medical services as part of www.MarySeger.com. Should you have any health- or healthcare-related questions, please call or see your physician or other healthcare provider promptly. You should never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
This website contains health or medically-related materials you may find sexually explicit or otherwise offensive. It may not be suitable for children or other sensitive people. You are solely responsible for compliance with the laws applicable to your domicile.
Permissions and Restrictions
Mary Seger authorizes you to view or download a single copy of the material made available on this website solely for your personal, noncommercial use if you include the following copyright notice: Copyright 2008, Mary Seger, all rights reserved; and other copyright and proprietary rights notices contained in the content. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, you agree not to engage in any copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material without the express written permission of Mary Seger. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, you agree not to make any changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice.
- You agree not to alter or modify any part of this website.
- You agree not to use this website, for any commercial use, without the prior written authorization of Mary Seger. Prohibited commercial uses include, but are not limited to, any of the following actions taken without Mary Seger’s express approval:
- post or transmission through the site of any material which contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services;
- advertise or perform any commercial solicitation, including, without limitation, the solicitation of users to become subscribers of other online information services competitive with the site;
- sale of access to this website or its related services on another website;
- use of this website or its related services, for the primary purpose of gaining advertising or subscription revenue; and
- any use of this website or its related services Mary Seger finds, in her sole discretion, to be a use of Mary Seger’s resources or User Submissions with the effect of competing with or displacing the market for MarySeger.com, MarySeger.com content, or its User Submissions.
- You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that accesses this website in a manner which sends more request messages to MarySeger.com servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional online web browser. You agree not to upload, post, e-mail or otherwise send or transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment associated with this website. You also agree not to interfere with the servers or networks connected to this website or to violate any of the procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to this website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, MarySeger.com grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from this website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. MarySeger.com reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from this website, nor to use the communication systems provided by this website (e.g. comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of this website with respect to their User Submissions. Any conduct by you that in Mary Seger’s discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying this website will not be permitted.
- You agree not to upload, post or otherwise make available on this website any material protected by copyright, trademark or other third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from any such submission.
- You also agree not to impersonate any other person while using this website or conduct yourself in a vulgar or offensive manner while using our service. You MarySeger.com may reject any User Submissions for any reason, including, but not limited to, vulgarity or other offensive content, which determination shall be at MarySeger.com’s sole discretion, or content protected by third party proprietary rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademark or publicity rights.
- You agree MarySeger.com, should it accept a User Submission, may include that User Submission in this website for as long or as short a period of time as MarySeger.com, at its sole discretion, chooses. Furthermore, you agree MarySeger.com may edit User Submissions.
- You agree MarySeger.com has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of this website and to remove any material it, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of the provisions herein or otherwise objectionable.
- MarySeger.com reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of this website at any time.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, this website, Mary Seger, Mary Seger NP PhD and its employees, agents, suppliers, and contractors shall in no event be liable for any claims, charges, and contractors damages, liabilities, losses, and expenses of whatever nature and howsoever arising, including, without limitation any compensatory, incidental, direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages, loss of use, loss of data, loss caused by a computer or electronic virus, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties, or other losses of any kind of character, even if the webmaster, Mary Seger or Mary Seger NP PhD has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, arising out of or in connection with the use of this website, or any website with which it is linked. Visitors to this site assume total responsibility for establishing such procedures for data back up and virus checking as the user deems necessary.
Disclaimer of Opinion
Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information that constitutes part of the content expressed or made available by you or third parties on this website are those of the respective authors or producers and not of MarySeger.com, or its shareholders, directors, officers, or employees. Under no circumstances shall MarySeger.com, or its shareholders, directors, officers, directors, or employees be held liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through this website. It is your responsibility to evaluate the information, opinion, advice, or other content available through this website.
Disclaimer of Warranty
Reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented on this website, but the accuracy of this information cannot be guaranteed. This website, the content, and any and all services or products promoted via this website are provided on an “as is” basis. The use of this website, the content and any product or service discussed or promoted via this website is at your own risk. When using this website, information will be transmitted over a medium beyond the control and jurisdiction of MarySeger.com and its suppliers. Additionally, third parties, not MarySeger.com, sell the products described in the Joy! Shop; All dietary supplements and ingestible or topical products discussed on this website are sold by parties other than MarySeger.com. While MarySeger.com receives referral fees in many cases, it does not control the manufacture or formulation of the products, nor does it control any statements about products other than those on MarySeger.com.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, MARYSEGER.COM, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. NEITHER MARYSEGER.COM, ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, TIMELY, RELIABLE OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE MARYSEGER.COM ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR website, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, SPIDERS, ROBOTS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THIS WEBSITE. MARYSEGER.COM DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE DISCUSSED, PROMOTED, ADVERTISED, OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE MARYSEGER.COM WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND MARYSEGER.COM WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. MARYSEGER.COM, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR REPRESENTATIONS GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS REQUIRING DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION ON PRESCRIPTION DRUG PRODUCTS OR THE APPROVAL OR COMPLIANCE OF ANY SOFTWARE TOOLS WITH REGARDS TO THE CONTENT CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE HAVE BEEN SATISFIED.
MarySeger.com is not liable for any personal injury, including death, caused by your use or misuse of this website or content or by any products you purchase from a third party. In no event shall MarySeger.com or any third parties be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use this website or the content whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory, and whether or not MarySeger.com is advised of the possibility of such damages. Any liability of MarySeger.com shall be limited to the actual damages incurred by you, not to exceed U.S. $1000.
IN NO EVENT SHALL MARYSEGER.COM, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, LOSS OF USE OR SIMILAR ECONOMIC LOSS ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM YOUR POSSESSION, ACCESS OR USE OF THE SITE OR THE INFORMATION OR MATERIALS PROVIDED THEREIN, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LIABILITY ARISING FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON THE CONTENT OF THE SITE OR AFFILIATED SITES, ERRORS IN THE CONTENT, DATA LOSS OR CORRUPTION, OR SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE DAMAGE, REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS OF SUCH LIABILITY. THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INACCURACY, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, BUG, TROJAN HORSE, ROBOT, SPIDER OR THE LIKE, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF THIS SITE, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY), NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE MARYSEGER.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. THIS WEBSITE IS CONTROLLED AND OFFERED BY MARYSEGER.COM FROM ITS OFFICES IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND MARYSEGER.COM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS THE MARYSEGER.COM WEBSITE IS APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE IN OTHER LOCATIONS. THOSE WHO ACCESS OR USE THE MARYSEGER.COM WEBSITE FROM OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO SO ON THEIR OWN VOLITION AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH LOCAL LAW.
Links to Other Sites
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
It is our policy to respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe any User Submission or other communication infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the DMCA by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Mary Seger’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is: Mary Seger, 776 Knollwood Lane, Gaylord, Michigan 49735, or email Mary@MarySeger.com. Failure to comply with all of the requirements of this Section, will result in an invalide DMCA notice.
If you are the owner or an agent thereof, of material removed from this website or disabled after MarySeger.com received a copyright infringement notice, and you have a good faith belief the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material, you may ask the material be restored by sending MarySeger.com a counter-notification. Section 512(g) of the Copyright Act requires counter-notification include all of the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement you have a good faith belief the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Bay City, Michigan, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, MarySeger.com may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, and provides MarySeger.com with notice of same, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at MarySeger.com’s sole discretion.
Intellectual Property Notice
All content on www.MarySeger.com, including Something to Contemplate and published articles, are registered and/or unregistered copyrights of Mary Seger, NP PhD and Sophia Rose Press. The terms “Mary Seger”, “www.MarySeger.com”, “STC”, “Something to Contemplate”, “Invite Joy Into Your Life”, and “Sophia Rose Press” and each of their logos are all registered trademarks of Mary B. Seger, all rights reserved.
Ability to Accept Terms
If you, as a visitor to this website, do not agree with the terms and conditions of this agreement, you have no right or license to access this website and you should not do so.